Thursday 16 May 2013

What's In My May 2013 Glossybox?


It really feels like it's only been a few days since I did my post about the April Glossybox. This month's box was to celebrate Glossybox's 2nd birthday. I wish they wouldn't mention stuff like that because I think it makes most people think they're going to receive thousands of pounds worth of products in this month's box. I've seen numerous people commenting on how 'it should be better for a birthday box'. Personally I thought this month's box was quite good. Here's what I got...

Awapuhi Wild Ginger Shine Spray
I was really excited to see this in my box. Sometimes, my hair can look really dry, particularly if I haven't been to the hairdressers in a while. This apparently makes your hair shine and protects it from wear and tear. When I sprayed it on my hair, it did actually make it shine. The smell is really nice and not overpowering. I do feel like this has the potential to make your hair a little bit greasy but aside from that I really like this. Also, it's a full size product that retails for £18.95! So that's the value of my box already, on one product.

Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Mascara
I've seen a lot of people complain about this stating things such as 'the ingredients list looks so suspect' and 'oh my god it was made in China I'm not using this'. Now, maybe I'm completely ignorant but what does being made in China have to do with anything? If someone could enlighten me, that would be great. Yes, the large amount of numbers in the ingredients are probably not the best for you but I'm pretty sure this product would have to be tested before it was even available for retail in this country. I'll gladly try this product, I have a million tiny sample mascaras lurking around at the minute so I'm slowly trying to make my way through. The brush on this doesn't really look like one I'd like. I prefer thicker brushes with thinner spikes as I feel they comb the mascara through your lashes better and are less likely to clump. This is also a full size product. 

Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner
Yes, Collection is a cheap teenage brand. No, I did not expect to see this in my Glossybox. It seems decent enough, the brush is nice, the colour is bold but I just probably won't use it. I love my fluidlines too much. Perhaps if this product had a little more prestige behind it, I'd use it. Sorry for being a make up snob. 

Glossybox Mini Nail Files
I think these are a nice little extra and there's plenty of them. They're a good addition to your handbag to fix up nails if they break. They seem quite strong too and they're hot pink, which is always a bonus.

Beautiful Movements Cosmetics Prime & Create Mixing Medium
This is a multi-purpose product. You can use it as a primer, mix with loose foundation, blush and eyeshadow. I can see myself getting very creative with this. I'll end up using some of my mineral shadows with it to make new lip colours. I'll feel like an alchemist, it'll be great. I probably wouldn't use this as a primer as it feels a little bit heavy and it also left my fingers feeling sort of greasy. I am pretty pleased this was in my box, even though it's only a small sample.

Headline Colours Nail Polish in Poolside Party
When I looked at the booklet that tells you the contents of your box (I read a post where someone referred to it as the 'menu' which made me smile, such a good name for it) I was a little bit disheartened that I'd received yet another nail polish. Then I saw the colour. It's amazing. It's almost a neon blue. I put it on that morning and I still love it. It only requires one coat, the colour is true to what's in the bottle and the formula goes on very smooth. Top marks for this one Glossybox! Here's a picture of it on my nails. 

Overall I thought this month's box was good. My favourite product is by far the nail polish and my least favourite is the eyeliner. I heard there was a lot of variation in this month's box, so if you got something different, let me know! If you got the same box as me, what did you think of it? Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment