Sunday 17 February 2013

What's In My February 2013 Glossybox?


So this month's Glossybox took on an obvious Valentines theme. The box itself (which I forgot to take a picture of) was extremely pretty this month with a cute pink bow on the box, rather than the normal plain Glossybox emblem. The inside was fuchsia with pink paper. When I picked it up it felt heavy, this was promising. Needless to say when I lifted the lid I was not disappointed, here's what I got...


Anatomicals - You need a blooming shower! Body Cleanser
First of all this is a great sized sample and perhaps what was making my box feel so heavy. As I've probably mentioned a thousand times before, rose scented things are my favourite. However, this rose scent seems a lot heavier and more artificial than the rose scent I'm used to sniffing in my favourite eye cream. While it's a little strong it's still a nice smell and I'll definitely use it. I like to mix up my shower gel fragrances so this is more than welcome. 

Glossybox Heart Lollipop
I've not ate this yet but I'm guessing it's strawberry flavour. It's a cute little addition to the box and it's much more welcome than the eye mask I received last month. 

Helen E Moisturising Lipstick in Sienna
First of all I'm going to say that I think I'm very lucky when it comes to the colours of products I receive in these beauty boxes. I never seem to get something that I'd never wear. I love dark lipsticks and while this looks more brown in the packaging it has a lot of reddy tones so I'm very pleased with it. It does feel very creamy and moisturising which is always nice in a lip product. I don't particularly like the heavy plastic coating of the packaging. I feel like it would look much better if it was just the silver without the thick plastic as it makes it look kind of cheap and like children's make up. 

Model Co Eyeshadow Duo in Bronzed Goddess
This duo contains two full sized eyeshadows in the shades 'Maldives' and 'Jamaica'. I think Glossybox did a great job with this one as the colours will suit anyone. Both shades are very pigmented, particularly the brown and both have a shimmer to the colour. The shimmer in the lighter shade is a lot more prevalent whereas the shimmer in the darker shade adds a golden sheen to the colour. It has a little mirror on the inside which is a nice touch. I don't really appreciate the sponge applicator as it'll just get thrown away but it's not something big enough to complain about. 

MicaBella Cosmetics Mineral Blush in Terra Cotta
This is quite a small sample but with mineral make up you don't need a lot of product to get a result. This is a peachy colour with a slight shimmer to it. I tried to photograph some of the product in the lid as the glare from my camera flash is hideous. The colour is build-able and you could even use it as a light bronzer if you wanted. 

Dr Renaud Raspberry Soft Cream
This product smells amazing. It's like raspberry flavoured sweets. While I love it I can imagine it being too sickly for some people. The cream itself isn't too heavy and it doesn't sit on the skin at all. Yet again, a really great sample size. I think I'm going to be using this as my night cream from now on. 

Swatches
(L-R) Helen E Lipstick, Model Co Eyeshadow Duo and Mica Bella Terra Cotta Blush

Overall I think this may be my favourite box so far. I love all the colours and the products will definitely all get used. It was certainly a great bonus for Valentines Day. My Valentines Day itself (Glossybox aside) was incredible. My boyfriend and I went for the most amazing food. It was so much fun, even if we did spend quite a long period of time thinking the bill would be in excess of £200! Thankfully, it wasn't but remember to always ask the prices of a set menu of a restaurant to avoid thinking you're going to end up cleaning dishes! Here's a picture of us after we came home. Excuse my face but I'm so pale that flash makes me glow like some other worldly beast. 


No comments:

Post a Comment