Sunday 23 December 2012

What's in my December 2012 Glossybox?


So, after learning of the demise of the She Said Beauty box this month I figured I'd find a new monthly service to sign up to. She Said Beauty promoted Joliebox as their preferred partner and offered us free gifts if we signed up to them. Now, while that sounds like a good deal initially, I wasn't impressed. The gift that was offered was a lipgloss, a palette from a brand called 'So Susan' and a mini nail polish. These were all items Joliebox subscribers had previously received. The lipgloss and nail polish were from brands I hadn't really heard of and quite frankly I don't want to be 'So Susan' as she sounds like a 50-something housewife (no offence if you're called Susan, I just think it's a terrible brand name) so these gifts didn't really entice me into subscribing. That, coupled with the fact every single Joliebox review I've seen has been unremarkable put me off subscribing to them. Not to mention that in the December Joliebox they sent out a Bellapierre shimmer powder and two sachets of a Dr. Duve product, both of which I'd received in a She Said Beauty box. I don't know, it's kind of like they're recycling samples.


Anyway, I decided to bite the bullet and subscribe to Glossybox because I thought their products were getting better and, by the looks of things, so is their customer service. I asked a question on their facebook wall regarding the December box and received a reply within the minute. Impressive. I had a sneak peek at what people were getting in their boxes and this month looked great. One thing I did notice though, there were a lot of people complaining. Now I know Glossybox is the biggest beauty box subscription in the UK so they're bound to get some complaints, afterall, you can't please everyone. The main thing I noticed was that people were complaining about the nail varnish...What. I just can't fathom that. It's a £9.95 nail polish from the very brand that makes the best top coat in the world and it's practically worth the price of the box itself. I feel like I should stop ranting cause I really could go on forever. Here's what I actually got: 

Argentum La Potion Infinie
As I explained in my She Said Beauty review, I actually really like receiving sachets of moisturiser so I was pleased to find these. They're 5ml sachets and have quite a lot of product in them. When you apply it there's a tightening feeling which this product promises. It smells really nice too, not too floral like some moisturisers can be. The full size price tag is very off-putting at £147, especially when I want another pair of Jeffrey Campbell Lita boots.

Lemon by Mary Greenwell
I'm still not sold on perfume samples but this one is actually quite nice. It reminds me a bit of the lemon scented soap from Lush. It's in a little spray bottle which I really appreciate as I won't get perfume all over my fingers when I want to apply it. 

Glossybox Blush in Glossy Rosewood
Oh my god. I didn't expect to like this so much but it's my favourite blush ever. It's the perfect blue-based pink for my skin and I adore it. Glossybox have teamed up with Kryolan for this one and they've really pulled it off. I'm just sad it's not a bigger product. 

Seche Nail Laquer in Memoire
The colour is perfect, I don't own anything like it. The formula of this is also amazing but I didn't expect anything less. It only takes one coat for great coverage and it dries almost as fast as their top coat. I can't sing it's praises enough.

Sleek lipstick in Stiletto
I'd heard good things about Sleek make up before so I was pretty excited to try this. The colour is so pretty and really seems to suit me. The texture was really creamy and it didn't dry out my lips at all which is good for a matte colour. It lasted all day and now I really want to raid Superdrug for more of these!

Rituals Cherry Blossom and Rice Milk Magic Touch Whipped Body Cream
This smells so good. It's not overpowering either and the floral scent is actually quite subtle. It even smells a little bit creamy. When applied it doesn't sit on the skin at all, it gets absorbed quickly and leaves you smelling incredible. The size of this sample is pretty nice too, a whole 70ml bottle! 

Overall I have to say that this is by far the best beauty box I have ever received. There isn't one product I won't use. I apologise for the short and sweet reviews on the products but I really don't have anything negative to say. I hope Glossybox continue this level of quality, it's definitely worth the subscription fee.

2 comments:

  1. I love glossybox so much, I think there the best. I got pretty much the same as you expect the nail varnish is awful like this weird pinky- green colour I would have prefered a just pink one and I got a mousse which smells so incrediable(I got it instead of the body wash you got). I love reading your reviews of the beauty boxes you get, theres always just enough info in them unlike some bloggers which go into so much detail that its almost impossible to read/watch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they have the best range of products by far, realistically I should have signed up to them in the first place. That nail varnish definitely sounds like a pretty weird colour. I saw that some people got a really nice deep red too. What does the mousse smell like? Thank you so much :) I pretty much did my reviews based on what I'd like to read and I hate reading huge paragraphs about a 2ml perfume sample haha

      Delete