Friday 7 December 2012

What's in my December She Said Beauty box? First impressions


So December has rolled around again and my She Said Beauty box got delivered this morning. I was definitely excited as I'd already looked at the sneak preview and some of these products looked really interesting. So, I opened up my box and here's what I got!



Jing Teas - Jade Sword Green Tea and Jasmine Silver Needle.
For me this is the best extra She Said Beauty have included in their box. I love all sorts of infused teas and these sound amazing. I'm particularly excited about the green tea one as I drink a lot of it. These seem quite expensive as 15 tea bags retail for £5.40. I'll be brewing myself one of these tomorrow morning!

Dr Duve Anti-Ageing and Firming Eye Cream
When I saw this I was quite sad. ANOTHER sachet sample?! Then I looked at the information card and saw the price. This retails at £115 for 30ml. The sample feels like its probably 5ml (I compared it to a 2ml sample), if that's the case this teeny sachet is worth around £20. I didn't feel quite as ripped off at this point. I love eye creams and I already have a staple one (Lavera Wild Rose eye cream) which works great but I will be trying this. I occasionally get a few patches of dry skin around my eyes and eye creams seem to solve that problem for me. I can see some people complaining that this is an anti-ageing product. I don't really think that She Said Beauty's main demographic is women who want anti-ageing products, however, this doesn't really bother me. I remember being in year 10 at school, looking through a friend's make up bag and finding an anti-ageing cream. Her reasoning? "You can never start too young."

Dr Duve Skin Boosting Cream
Again at first I was quite sad to receive a sachet but when I looked at the price I understood why I did. I'll use this as I'm currently in a moisturiser rut. I'm not sure what I want my next moisturiser to be so I'm living off samples until I've finally decided. As with most sachets I don't really think this is big enough to make a decision on the product itself although I can understand why I didn't get multiple sachets (like I do in the little beauty boxes from LatestInBeauty) due to the price. Nonetheless I'm looking forward to using this.

MesmerEyes Diamond Blue Contacts
I don't really know what to say about this product. It wasn't something I wanted and I'm kind of scared about using them. My eyes are quite blue anyway but I think these would give them a boost. If I get over my fear of having anything come near my eyes then I might use these on a night out although the likelihood of that is slim. If anyone would like these I'd be willing to post them free to anywhere in the UK, just drop me a comment.

Amie Spring Clean Cooling Mask
This is a product we've had in a box before and was another Christmas treat, along with the tea. I'm actually really happy I got this again as my boyfriend used the other one, really liked it and was considering buying the full size 75ml product. This means it'll make a good stocking filler for him. One thing I loved about this mask was the smell. It was so fresh and fruity and really did smell like limes. She Said Beauty is offering a 25% discount on all purchases at www.amieskincare.com using the code she25. This is valid until the 31st of this month, for those of you who'd like to use it.

Jamela 24k Gold Under Eye Mask
I'm pretty sure my mum is going to steal this off me like the beauty addicted crow that she is. They look quite interesting and if I get to try them before she takes them then I will. They actually look quite pretty and sort of luxurious. I'm sure my mum will love them. Again, She Said Beauty are offering a 20% discount valid until 31st of december on all purchases over £40 at www.oricolondon.com. The code is ORICOSSB.

Technic Nail Varnish in Tawny Port
This is probably my favourite item in the box. While I don't think it'll compare to any of my beloved China Glaze polishes I'm still excited to use it. When I saw the colour on the card I thought, 'ew, a really dark purple' but I was surprised to see its a lot lighter than it looks on the card. I don't have an eggplant colour like this and I do really like it. I'll be using it soon.

So that's the december box! I'm quite gutted I didn't get the bourjois nail polish remover and ended up with those contacts instead. However, I am generally really pleased with this box and can you believe it... Not one perfume sample! Well done She Said Beauty, I feel like the boxes are getting back on track. I'd be really interested to know what other people got in their boxes, so please let me know in a comment.





3 comments:

  1. Hi, great review! Could you send me the contacts? I'd love to try them, will I email you as I dont want to put my email here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sorry it's taken me so long to reply! Of course I'll send you the contacts, drop me an email on britjadeblog@gmail.com :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely post - loving all the products and they're perfect for pampering skin! Here is the masks that works for me https://www.amazon.com/Under-Eye-Gold-Mask-Moisturising/dp/B07B2H9KKW

    ReplyDelete