Wednesday 26 December 2012

Nail Polish haul (China Glaze, OPI & MAC)


Throughout November and December I had a bit of an obsession with Nail Polish. I literally couldn't get enough. If I had more money I would have probably bought every bottle on Earth. I go through these phases of buying lots of one item quite frequently but this is the first time I've done it with Nail Polish, nomally it's with tights. Anyway here's a quick round up of what I bought. I apologise in advance for some of the pictures, I've done this at completely the wrong time of day and the glare from my camera flash combined with artificial light does not look nice.

OPI Skyfall minis: The Bondettes
(l-r) Golden Eye, The World Is Not Enough, The Spy Who Loved Me and Live And Let Die
I mainly wanted The Spy Who Loved Me but I thought I'd get this mini collection instead so I had a chance to try out some polishes I wouldn't normally buy. Golden Eye is incredibly glittery! It takes around 3 coats to get an opaque colour but works nicely on top of other colours too (I used a single coat over black and red). The World Is Not Enough looks a lot better in the bottle than it does on the nail. In the bottle it looks like a rosy-grey with pink and blue glitter but on the nail the colour looks a little washed out and it's mainly the glitter that shows through. It's still a really nice polish though. The Spy Who Loved Me is perhaps one of my favourite colours from this whole haul. It's a bright red with gold flecks, it takes about two coats to cover and it's really true to what it looks like in the bottle. Live and Let Die is similar to The Spy Who Loved Me, it takes the same amount of coats and it also has gold flecks except it's a really dark teal, quite an interesting colour overall.

Models Own trio
(l-r) Raspberry Crush, Beth's Blue and Pearly Queen
My boyfriend actually got me these as an early Christmas present so, big thanks to him for this. We found these while browsing TK Maxx in Birmingham, they had a bunch of different sets but this one caught my eye because of the blue in the middle. I think this should have been £15 but it was £5.99 in there, bargain! Raspberry Crush is a very bright berry pink almost verging on red while Beth's Blue is the most perfect pastel blue. I love the formula of Models Own polish, the coverage just one coat gives is absolutely incredible. It always seems to last ages too and these two polishes follow that. Pearly Queen meanwhile is a translucent colour which is, as the name suggests, pearly. I think it would take quite a few coats to get an opaque colour out of this. However, I layered it over a very light baby pink and it looked exactly how it did in the bottle so that was an easy way to get it looking opaque.

MAC - Everything That Glitters
This is super glittery and the picture doesn't do it justice. It basically reminds me of a galaxy! It takes around two coats for a good coverage. Two downsides to this product are that it is limited edition and it's quite a stubborn polish to remove. I love applying it and wearing it but hate getting it off. 

MAC - Girl Trouble
This polish has a sort of foil-like look to it. It's the lightest pink with lots of shimmer, yet again the photo doesn't do this justice. The colour takes about 2 coats to look properly opaque. Unfortunately this is also a limited edition polish.

China Glaze - Nova
I didn't own a mirrorball glitter before this and recently I'd been watching a lot of tutorials that used them so when I saw this it was a must-buy. It's actually amazing and possible to get a good opaque coat with. The glitter itself is quite chunky I think but it's still easy to apply. I used this to do a glitter gradient for my birthday night out and kept my nails like that for a very long time, something which I rarely do. Sometimes when this dries it can feel a little bumpy but a coat of Seche Vite smooths it out in no time.

China Glaze - Strawberry Fields
I have quite a lot of pink polish but this one definitely stands out. It has tiny gold flecks running all the way through it which make it really unique. It takes two coats and it really true to the colour in the bottle. I'd even go as far as saying that this is my favourite nail polish ever.

OPI - I'm Suzi & I'm a Chocoholic
Judging by the name I think this is meant to be a chocolate brown but to me it has some reddy tones so maybe it's chilli chocolate or something. Anyway, I got this because I feel like I don't have many dark colours. I have a lot of black-based colours but nothing else. I thought this was a nice, somewhat sophisticated colour. It takes two coats to get full coverage but looks a little more watery than other OPI polishes. 

China Glaze - Loft-y Ambitions
I got this colour for the same reason as the OPI colour above. They're quite similar polishes actually but this one seems to be more burgundy and is a richer colour. Like most China Glaze polishes it takes two coats for full coverage. 

So, that's my nail polish haul. I actually got two Butter London polishes for Christmas but I'll write about this in a different post. I'm currently having a dilemma about what sort of mani to do for New Years Eve, so if anyone has any ideas, let me know in a comment! I have some variation of most colours of the rainbow, pretty much anything is possible. Thanks for reading and I hope you all had a great Christmas time!



1 comment:

  1. Nice haul.. Great picks :)

    I am hosting an International Giveaway on my blog. It would be great if you could enter.
    Thanks.
    http://beautywidbrainz.com/six-months-anniversary-giveaway-open-internationally/
    Hina. xx

    ReplyDelete