Sunday 3 February 2013

What's In My January 2013 Glossybox?


First of all this is a little late, I had my dissertation due in, an exam and then ended up staying with my boyfriend for longer than expected due to the snow so apologies for that. The theme of this box is detox as apparently over the Christmas period everyone gets obese, has terrible skin and dry hair so therefore they spend January doing nothing but Pilates and eating carrot sticks. Hmm. Here's what I got: 



 Sanctuary Spa Active Reverse 30 Day Thermal Transformation Mask
Okay so, I don't normally complain too much about the products in these boxes. I'm aware that it's essentially a sample service and I don't expect full size products all the time. However, I've actually ordered this sample in a box from latestinbeauty, which costs £1.50 and I think that's only for the shipping so I was a little disappointed with this. I guess, as a sample goes, it's alright and you probably have enough product for two uses. I think if this wasn't marketed as a '30 Day Transformation' product and just as a thermal mask there would be a far fewer complaints coming from the people who got this in their Glossybox. 


Monu Micro Exfoliant
I'm really excited to try this. The winter is pretty harsh on my skin and I've been wanting an exfoliant so this came at the perfect time. It smells fresh, sort of lemony and isn't too gritty like some exfoliants can be. I've heard good things about Monu products and this is the first Monu sample I've received and so far, I like it. 


Glossybox Eye Mask
I've never used one of these eye masks before. This one actually looks quite cute. I can't help but think I'd fall asleep with it on, wake up and forget I was wearing it then start to panic and think I'd gone blind over night. One time, when staying at my boyfriend's, he'd had a nightmare and woke me up telling me there were teeny spiders all over me. He then proceeded to slap these imaginary spiders off me. Therefore, I'll be sure to take this mask to his and wear it one night, enabling me to wake up screaming, "I can't see!" as revenge. Thanks Glossybox!


Lacoste - Eau De Lacoste
I don't know if it's because I've simply received a vast amount of these in beauty boxes but I've now started to like perfume samples. I've crumbled and broken under the pressure of being surrounded by thousands of tiny pieces of cardboard with 2ml of sweet smelling nectar inside. It might just be that I don't mind them because the past few I've received haven't actually smelt like a mixture of gin and disinfectant somewhat similar to a bar after someone has vomited all over it and it's been cleaned. This one is quite nice but I really hate these little vials with the stopper, they're just a recipe for disaster. Of course I spilled this on initial opening. The scent smells quite light. It's pleasant but not something I'd expect people to wear in the winter, it's definitely more of a spring/summer scent. 


Murad - Hydro Dynamic Ultimate Moisture for Eyes
I've read a lot of complaints about the size of this sample. I feel like it's actually a good size for an eye cream because, unless you have eyes the size of fists, you don't need a huge amount of product. As I've said previously I love eye creams because I frequently get dry skin around my eyes which makes applying eyeshadow an absolute nightmare. This one doesn't have a scent at all which I quite like. I'm excited to use it as I've heard nothing but good things about Murad products. 


BM Beauty Dewy Perfection Finishing Powder
Much like the Murad eye cream, I've seen quite a few complaints about the size of this product. Yet again I think it's a case of a little goes a long way. I find this powder too shimmery to use all over my face but I think it'd make a great highlight for the cheeks and even the brow bone if you're going for a neutral look. I'll definitely be using this. 

Overall, while the initial look of this box wasn't really that impressive, when you look further into the products and investigate them it suddenly seems a lot better. They are not products that you need huge samples of. Also, there is no promise that Glossybox has to provide a full size product each month, this is a SAMPLE box service. This is why it baffles me when people complain that there is no full size item. I'm really looking forward to the February box and I am still full of high hopes for Glossybox. 


No comments:

Post a Comment