Sunday 3 March 2013

Bargain Hunting - Mini Haul (MAC, Philosophy, Topshop and more)

I keep forgetting to take a main picture for my haul posts, oops. Anyway this is a bunch of stuff I got a couple of weeks ago, mostly for a fraction of the RRP. I didn't actually go out with the intention of buying anything but these things caught my eye, there's not too much here but I really wanted to write about a couple of things so here we go.



Super Skincare Collection by Dr Nicholas Perricone
I got this for my mum after seeing it in TK Maxx for £20. She'd used the eye cream after I received a sample of it and she loved it. These are all made with extracts from 'superfoods' and it contains a cleanser, moisturiser and eye cream. The eye cream smells a little bit too sweet for my liking but the moisturiser smells amazing and I'm desperate to steal it for myself. I've been in TK Maxx in the past couple of days and they still have these, my mum loves everything and would recommend it all.

MAC Pearlmatte Face Powder in Veronica's Blush
This product was so problematic. I went to the MAC counter at Selfridges in Birmingham and asked for 'Veronica's Blush' which is what this product is called. I got out the store and realised they'd given me the blush from Veronica's collection. I went back in and explained what happened only to be given the same product again. I actually noticed before I left this time and finally, after dealing with three members of staff got the product I wanted. Anyway, I'd read reviews on this saying that it's difficult to pick up any pink from the hearts but I'm able to do that just fine. It's like the perfect combination of a blush and highlighter and the packaging is potentially my favourite that MAC have ever done. This should have been £21.50 but I still had £15 left on a Selfridges gift card so I got it for £6.50, not too bad!

Philosophy The Cookbook
When I saw this in TK Maxx I swear I shed a tear. I'd been looking for this collection all Christmas and couldn't find it anywhere so when I saw it in there for £12.99 I was overjoyed. Philosophy make my favourite shower gels, they smell incredible, all of them. In this set there is 'Old Fashioned Eggnog' which is a very sweet scent almost reminiscent of cake, next there is 'Hot Buttered Rum' which smells a little bit like caramel but with a sharpness too, 'Cinnamon buns' is perhaps my favourite in this set - it has the sweetness of sticky buns with a hint of spice from cinnamon and it really does smell exactly like a cinnamon bun, lastly there is 'Peppermint bark' which smells like mint chocolate. It's also the most amazing looking deep red marbled colour. I've used all of these and keep alternating them, I can't get enough. All of these can be used as a shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath. I don't really like using them as a shampoo though as they make my hair feel kind of weird after. I don't know how to explain it but they just do. As a shower gel they are perfect and as a bubble bath even better as you end up with lashings of sweet scented bubbles. I think this is still available on the TK Maxx website so snap it up while you can. 

'Sellout' shoes by Topshop
Okay so maybe these weren't a fraction of the price but I have been addicted to these super high platform shoes Topshop has an abundance of at the minute. These may look uncomfortable but they really aren't. They also aren't heavy AT ALL. The platform is so high that it makes these extremely easy to walk in and the little ankle strap means they aren't sliding off your feet after every step. I wore these the day after I got them to go for lunch with my boyfriend and they didn't pinch my feet or make me ache in the slightest. These were £65 but I got 10% discount thanks to being a student. 

So that's my spot of bargain hunting done for the time being! I think I may potentially be addicted to TK Maxx, when I stay with my boyfriend there's one around 5 minutes walk away and it's open until 8pm, it's like heaven. He's starting to love it as much as me though as he picked up a Cath Kidston gift set for his mum for Mother's day. My mum wants a really good BB cream for Mothers Day so if anyone can recommend one that they think would be good for her please let me know. Have a good week everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment