Saturday 9 March 2013

What's In My March 2013 Glossybox?


It only seems like 5 minutes since I wrote the last Glossybox post! I was quite surprised when it turned up this morning as there was no dispatch email and it usually doesn't come until mid-month. This was the first time in ages that I'd actually been around when it got delivered so I was really excited, I opened it and here is what I discovered!


Juicy Couture - Couture La La
Okay so, another perfume sample I actually like! Yay! However, I will say that about a month ago I was in Selfridges and got given one of these for free so I kind of feel even more annoyed about receiving a perfume sample now that it's one I've actually received before. For free. One good thing about this sample is that it's in a small spray bottle rather than those crappy vials with the stopper. I'll definitely use this as I used the other one I had but I am quite disappointed I received this in my box. 

Tresemmé Extra Hold Hairspray
I actually used to use this but changed because I found a different one that worked just as well but gave me more bang for my buck. This is a nice travel sized can and I'll be sure to use it. As far as hairsprays go it doesn't smell too offensive (I'm looking at you, Elnett) and does give a good hold. 

Nails Inc - St James
As I've mentioned before I've banned myself from buying nail polish so this was a great treat. It's a bright pillar-box red and only requires one coat but I'd probably still use two anyway. I really like these mini bottles because I don't think I've ever polished off (hur hur) a whole bottle of nail polish in my 21 years on this planet and I just hate when a nice colour starts to separate and become unusable because I haven't been liberal enough with my application of it. Thumbs up for this one. 

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream
When I first saw this i was a little bit disappointed because it's a tiny sample and I initially thought it was a face cream. While you can use this on your face you can also use it on your lips, hands and cuticles. I'm most likely to use it on my lips because they get ridiculously chapped very easily. I like that it's fragrance free and that it feels almost waxy on application. If this works well I might even consider buying it. 

Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush
At first I thought this was a Clinque Chubby Stick and almost died but alas, it's not. It's essentially the same thing though so that's not too bad. I've been interested in trying one of these sorts of lip stains and now I finally can. Yet again I'm really lucky with the colour as I much prefer this one to the red that some other people got. It doesn't seem like it would be at all drying but I'm not sure about the longevity of it, I'll be sure to wear it the next time I go out. 

I thought this month's little extra, the travelling book, was a really cute touch. It has a list of cities with information about them on each page along with various 'top 3' lists including shops, cafes and clubs. In the centre it also has a few cute stickers. 

Swatches
Top - Nails Inc St James
Bottom - Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush

I feel like this is another good box from Glossybox. I saw that some people got a L'Occitane hand cream instead of the perfume which I would have preferred but I'm not too beat up about it. Let me know if you got anything different in your Glossybox this month and if you didn't like it, what would you have preferred? Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment